At the StillPoint Women’s Retreat this past weekend, we prepared a whole lot of delicious meals using only the best ingredients with locally grown produce. This particular recipe was created for our Sunday Brunch and can be served with any style of egg dish or, as you can see in the photo, a side of green salad and a nice fat Lentil Millet Burger topped with grilled onion and guacamole. As an aside, you could add either Vegetarian or Chicken Apple sausage to this recipe when it is cooking. Hearty and filling this dish will fuel you for the day or see you comfortable on the couch reading the Sunday newspaper.
Kale with Fingerling Potatoes
1/2 pound fingerling potatoes
1 bunch kale
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green or red pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
sea salt to taste
1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and allow to sit until cool, about 1 hour, or continue to simmer until tender about 15 minutes. When done cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
2. Meanwhile. wash the kale and cut out the stems. Tear into smaller pieces and place in boiling water for 30 seconds then remove to a strainer and rinse under cool water.
3. Put oil in a sauté pan and turn to medium heat. Add onions and pepper and cook until they are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
4. Add the potatoes and cook over medium-high until slightly browned on the edges. Add the Kale and stir to combine.
5. Season with sea salt to taste. Continue to cook another 5 minutes, but the kale should not lose its texture. Serve while warm